Just as Extinction Radio was beginning its four-month sabbatical, Peter Melton interviewed Guy McPherson about our Great Unraveling. The audio file survived the hiatus, and Sequitur is delighted to present a condensed version, with the generous permission of both Guy and Peter.
- Part I – Welcome to the Sixth Mass Extinction Event!
- habitat loss – food, water
- loss of species diversity
- the small stuff – detritivores, pollinators, the nitrogen cycle
- Part II – Oceanic and Atmospheric Changes
- plastic pollution, acidification
- coral bleaching, algal blooms, plankton, fisheries
- methane, moistening of the upper troposphere
- Part III – Global Warming and Industrial Civilization
- polar meltdown, meandering jet stream, global dimming
- the truth about trade – the Baltic Dry Index
- economic and commercial implications
Also included are promotional announcements for events featuring Guy McPherson, including his upcoming New Zealand tour, and a reading of The Invitation by Oriah Mountain Dreamer as well as a not-so-random assortment of news items and Extinction Level Event, a Limerick of Doom by Benjamin the Donkey. Sequitur theme music is by Zympht; you can find more of his music on SoundCloud.